Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'Bad' day?

"For this is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24)
I guess it may appear kind of quirky, but for as long as I can remember I've always tried to avoid using the term 'bad day'. It may seem kind of trivial, and you may be wondering why I'm addressing it on here as it appears to have very little to do with my faith. However, the truth is that, it has everything to do with my faith - everything to do with God.

So let me explain it to you;

I know, I for one am often tempted to use the term in two specific circumstances - the first when things don't go my way (especially when my plans get changed or I have to do something I don't want to do). Yet while I am tempted to take the stance that the day is therefore frustrating and wasted, I am constantly reminded that God may have other plans for my day. (Jeremiah 29:11!)That perhaps my plans aren't His, and He may use these new scenarios for His good.
The other instance which often makes me think of a day as 'bad' is when I get in an argument, or disagreement with someone. While this clearly isn't a 'God' planned event (as those referred to above may be), I am frequently reminded that God can also use the bad and use it for His good. That He is so powerful that He can turn around what once was bad, and bring good out of it.

So I guess really what I want to say is that with God, every day has a purpose.

That everyday is special.

And that we have no right nor need to call one of the days that God has created a 'bad day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment