Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Body of Christ


I suppose I tend to be one of those people who always likes to try and deal with any 'problem' or 'issue' by themselves. And honestly, this has been particularly apparent to me recently as I find myself bottling up certain things (even though small), and not even sharing them with my family.

It is for this very reason that I have found myself particularly blessed over these past couple weeks. Just when I've needed it - God has shown me (in the most amazing ways) that we as Christians, are not meant to be alone.

In fact, recently I had a dream in which I was being prayed over, (and I can only explain it by saying that it must have been from God). In the dream, one of the older college age girls, prayed over me saying "Just know that you're not alone. That there are others around you who can help you". I'm sure it is no coincidence that I was being prayed over in the church gathering hall amidst all my brothers and sisters in Christ.

And as if this dream wasn't enough, I had even further confirmation when this morning my youth pastor spoke briefly about fellowship saying that "We're not meant to do this alone".

I can hardly call these two events which happened within a week of each other (and just when I needed them too!) a coincidence.

So, I guess what I want to say in summary is that we really aren't meant to do this by ourselves. That yes God is always with us and we can depend on Him, but He has also provided us with the Body of Christ. In 1 Corinthians 12:27 he reminds us, "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." Each of us (as 1 Corinthians 12 explains) has a role to play in the church, and in commiting to our role, we can build each other up. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17).

God makes it so clear. He doesn't want us to do this alone. That's why He's here, and that's why the Body of Christ is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment