Friday, March 18, 2011

A Time for Everything

I just wanted to write a short note today, about change. I was just thinking (yes at 1:30 in the morning!) how blessed we are that times change. For a while I wanted things to stay the same - I didn't want to face or deal with change. But in many ways I have learned that it is a blessing. Not only is it a time when we can come closer to God and learn to lean on Him (Jeremiah 29:11), but it also adds a lot to our lives. If things were to stay the same, then I think that life would almost become 'normal'. While it seems obvious, what I think I mean by this is that we would almost become 'desensitized' to the beauty and amazing opportunities we are given in every day life. Therefore, I really think that change can add so much to our lives - allowing us to have new experiences and appreciate life in new ways. They can help us to truly appreciate God and His creation and how much He loves us.

The idea reminds me of a verse I read recently during 'Team Devos' I sat in on. The verse in Ecclesiastes reads, "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). While this often requires patience and can get frustrating - God knows best. What a blessing it truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment